Major appliances that have been designated for residential use, including dual fuel natural gas or propane products provided the other power source is electricity. Appliances used in or sold for industrial, commercial and/or institutional (IC&I) applications that have the same essential design characteristics as major household appliances, as defined above, are also included. All program products that are used for the purpose of refrigeration or freezing must contain a compressor and/or refrigerant gases.
Major product types include:
- Refrigerators, wine coolers and beverage centers
- Portable, room and window air conditioners
- Portable dehumidifiers
- Clothes dryers / steam cleaners
- Ranges, built-in ovens and surface cooking units
- Built-in and over the range microwave ovens
- Food waste disposers and trash compactors
- Electric beverage dispensers
Please download here the MARR Accepted Products Reference Guide, showing with pictures the units accepted under the MARR program.